Final Song Choice

Image result for santan dave gigFinal Song Choice

Song: No Words by Dave

Genres: Rap/Grime

Record Label: Self-Released

Image result for santan dave gigThemes: Anger, Disputes

Related imageFor my final song choice, I have chosen No Words by Dave. He is a nineteen-year-old grime artist that has become recently very successful due to collaborations with Drake, AJ Tracey and Giggs. This then launched his career further, allowing him to release his second EP Game Over. Using his own career as inspiration, I would like my music video and ancillary texts to go in this direction. To do this, I will try and show his ambition and progression as an artist through firstly using a child as the face of my magazine advert. This is because it will show his ambition as an aspiring rap star child, such as Lil Wayne and Lil Yachty that have also done this will their albums and adverts. As for the direction of my music video, again I want to show progression and an essence of a rag to riches story. This will be shown through the locations and clothing of my artist at the start compared to the end, from baggy, plain clothing to wearing a suit and bowtie. This will show in the video that my artists musical success has allowed him wear different clothes, live in different locations and meet with different people.

Comments